The Norma Revo IPA-140 integrated amplifier represents a definitive choice for amplification. Its high power (140W/8Ohm) and the ability to drive the most demanding speakers, make it an extremely versatile amp. Versatility is enhanced by the ability to customize the input / output connections and to insert the Phono MM / MC board. The elegant and sophisticated style is perfectly in tune with its sound personality. Power, dynamics, speed and transparency are combined to create outstanding musicality and a total absence of listening fatigue. The inside workings show that the technical refinement follows the same philosophy. The Revo IPA-140 uses a proprietary circuitry, regulated high-speed power, low noise and is built with a careful selection of the best materials available.
– Extreme low noise, high speed schematic topology and wide band ( >2 MHz ).
– High current MOS-FET power device (150 A output peak current).
– 12 power device for a total rated 1.500 W power handling capability.
– Separate power supply for Gain, Driver and Output stage.
– High speed and low noise regulated power supply for gain and driver stage.
– High filtering capacity (70.000 uF) with numerous (24) low impedance capacitors.
– Full aluminium non-magnetic frame.
– Toroidal power transformer specially designed for audio applications, low dispersion flow. low mechanical noise, high permeability magnetic core with consequent low output impedance, 2 x 400 VA.
– Input configurable as Direct Inputs, for Home Theater use
– Outputs configurable as Pre Out, Active or Passive, for use with Power Amp and/or with Active Subwoofer
XLR balaced input
– Remote control of all functions with NORMA RC-4 remote control.
– Two-speed volume control (Fine and Fast).
– Possibility of set the PHONO board inside, by 2 mono board for Left & Right channel.
– High quality phono stage, for MM and MC pick-up
– Protection for DC signal sensitive speakers.
– Inputs selection by relay with GOLD/PALLADIUM contacts.
– RCA solid core gold plated plug connector for any signal connections.
– Stand-by mode switches off the microprocessor one the command is executed, so as to annul any interference towards analogue signal.
Inputs: 4 RCA, 1 XLR Balanced, optional Phono, 1 USB DAC optional
Input impedance: 47Kohm (not selected input) / 10 Kohm (selected input)
Input Configuration: Phono MM/MC, Line, Direct AV, Balanced
Output Signal: Passive Pre Out , Active Pre Out, Tape out, Subwoofer out
Output Impedance (Pre-Out): 200 ohm
Output Power: 1 Binding Post pairs, accept 4mm banana plugs and fork
Frequency Response: 0 Hz – 1.8 MHz (-3dB, non filtered)
Output Power: 140 W RMS / 8 Ohm – 280 W RMS / 4 Ohm (each channel)
Gain: 34 dB
Configuration: Dual Mono
Circulation: Solid state,
Power devices: MosFet, 3 pairs for each channel
Output current available: 36 A continuous, 150 A peak (per channel)
Ability to filter: 72.000 uF, 12 electrical capacitor for each channel
Electric transformers: 2 toroidal special audio use, 400 VA per channel
Supply: 230 V AC / 50 Hz, (100V AC or 115 VAC / 50-60Hz in some country)
Dimensions (HxWxD): 110 x 430 x 365 mm, (excluding feet, knob and rear jacks)
Weight: 25 Kg
Note: Stereo Integrated Amplifier fully remote controlled
The optional Phono board PH-2 for the REVO IPA-140 amplifier adds to the device the functions of impedance matcher, RIAA equalizer and preamplifier, to receive a signal from a turntable. It has the peculiar characteristic, and probably unique in its genre, to be made in dual-mono layout: the two channels are placed on two independent boards, and the power supply is separately stabilized and filtered, to deliver the best possible quality. It’s able to receive signal from MC (Moving Coil) and MM (Moving Magnet) turntables, simply by replacing an integrated circuit (provided as standard). It’s possible to vary the load seen by the head by moving a switch, that commutates between 4 standard resistance values (100,500, 1K, 47 Kohm) and a user-definable value, which can be chosen by inserting a resistor. The gain value is variable with a similar system, with a range that goes from 34 dB to 52 dB in six steps, plus a value definable by the user, again just by inserting a resistor. The PH-2 board is made with very-low-noise components, which are able to handle turntables with a robust output, and also work perfectly with heads that have a lower sensibility. With its very accurate layout, that makes the setting operations very simple, this board will let you appreciate at best the expressive nuances of an analog source, without compromising its natural character.
– Optional board, to be fitted in a main line board (Left & Right).
– 2 mono single mono phono board, independent for Left & Right.
– Both, MM & MC pick-up
– Two different OpAmp for MM & MC pick-up, can be easily swapped by the user, to achive the best S/N ratio.
Phono Input Impedance: 47 KOhm, 1 KOhm, 500 Ohm. 100 Ohm, Spare
Phono Gain: 34 dB, 38 dB, 42 dB, 46 dB, 50 dB, 52 dB, Spare
Output Voltage: 24 V Peak to Peak
Note : Specification subject to change without notice
The USB-1 option for the REVO IPA-140 amplifier consists in two independent boards, mounted in a “sandwich” configuration. One contains the digital and filtering stage, the other the analog filtering and output stages. This board must not be considered as a mere addition of a digital input, but as a high quality solution, able to compete with the best converters on the market. Plus, since it’s installed inside the amplifier, it eliminates the need of an interconnection cable which, if high quality, would cost far more than the USB option itself, and maybe even more than the external DAC. The USB receiver is a Tenor TE8802L, which can support frequencies up to 192 KHz, both in synchronous and asynchronous mode. On Apple systems, it requires no driver installation. The Digital-to-Analog converter used is the Wolfson WM8741, one of the most modern and appreciated DACs, which can work at up to 24 bit and 192 KHz (with internal 32 bit calculations). The digital board has 3 independent tension regulators, plus a local high-stability and low phase-noise oscillator. Three different digital filters can be selected just by connecting the jumper on the board, to obtain different temporal and phase responses. A particular effort has been put in the analogue section: in fact, thanks to a proprietary solution, just one active stage is on the signal path, to minimize the influence on sonic performance. The board can be easily installed in the device, at any moment.
– USB input full bandwidth, up to 24 Bit / 192 KHz.
– Local Oscillator high stability, low Jitter and low phase noise.
– 3 Voltage regulator
– AKM4391 High End 32 Bit DAC
– Internal Digital filter x8 oversampling.
– User selectable 3 different digital filter response.
– Proprietary architecture for Analogue Filter and Output stage
Connections Inputs: USB, 2.0 High Speed
Sampling Frequencies: 44.1KHz, 88.2KHz, 176.4KHz, 48.0KHz, 96.0KHz, 192.0KHz
Clock performances:+/- 2ppm typ. at 25°, +/- 10ppm at 60°
Analogue Output Filter: 0,0 to 90 kHz +/- 3 dB
Configuration: Solid state
Digital Filter: User selectable 3 different digital filter response.
D/A Converter: AKM4391 High End 32 Bit DAC
Output Stage: Proprietary architecture for Analogue Filter and Output stage
Note: Specification subject to change without notice