WHY LUMIN T3
LUMIN T3 combines our new-for-2022 processing system, solid CNC-panel construction and X1 technology to deliver maximum price/performance.
- Features our all-new processing system
- Increased capacity for future updates
- Faster processor provides greater resampling flexibility
- New surface finish taken from the high-end P1
- Dual ES9028Pro SABRE DAC featuring dual-mono operation
- Upsampling and downsampling to every supported format up to DSD256/PCM384
- USB digital audio output
- Leedh Processing Volume control
- Roon Ready, Spotify Connect, MQA, TIDAL, TIDAL Connect, Qobuz, TuneIn and AirPlay-compatible
All-new processing system
- Completely new hardware and software provide a new foundation for LUMIN
- Increased processing power and storage capacity provide greater resampling flexibility and future-proofing.
Precision analogue output stage
- Analogue buffer includes LUMIN X1 technology
- Dual-mono circuitry throughout
- Ultra-low-noise and high dynamic range
CNC chassis construction
- The thick CNC panelled construction offers upgraded structural rigidity and sheilding compared to the D2
- CNC milling techniques from LUMIN X1 provide the high-end LUMIN family aesthetic
Builds on the massive success of LUMIN T2
Completely new processing hardware and software deliver improved features and increased resampling flexibility while retaining all the musicality that was noted in so many outstanding T2 reviews.
Among the key hardware features carried over from T2 are the Dual ES9028Pro SABRE DACs featuring dual-mono operation.
The new model is also finished in a new silky surfacing process taken from our high-end P1 that is less susceptible to finger marks and easier to clean.
All the usual LUMIN refinements
- From MQA to DSD, FLAC to WAV, LUMIN can play all the high-resolution formats you could ever want
- Native support for TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify and AirPlay-compatible, giving you access to tens of millions of songs
- The unique and intuitive LUMIN App described as «the most convenient interface in existence» by TINMAN
- LUMIN programme of continuous development that has seen Roon, MQA, and Spotify support added in 2017 alone.
STEREONET AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
This streamer’s fundamental rightness means that it doesn’t favour one genre of music over another.
Indeed, it’s so insightful that even when compared to a more expensive reference of mine… costing an additional $4,000 – the T2 more than held its own.
One of the best sounding streamers at its price then and is also easy to use, stable in operation and superbly built…
More than any other digital source component I’ve had in my system, the Lumin T2 got out of the way and delivered the music.
What was especially impressive was how it reconciled what might seem aural opposites: clarity and warmth, delicacy and strength, speed and color.
Given the rapid changes occurring in digital audio playback, it’s risky to characterize any digital source as a potential endgame purchase. But that’s how I feel about the Lumin T2. I think it will be a long, long time before anyone buying a T2 experiences upgrade fever.
MONO & STEREO MAGAZINE
T2 comes highly close to the X1 fast-paced nature, transparency and dynamic quality and that’s quite an achievement for it’s given price. T2 follows closely the LUMIN’s sonic nucleus, translating into the unaltered and highly involving music reproduction across all of the music material. It was great to discover how albeit T2’s open and transparent nature it was no stranger to the organic life-like warmness when needed.
LUMIN T2 streaming music player deserves the spotlight for what it represents. I’m happy to grant it the Mono and Stereo 2019 Best Buy Award!
with Lumin T2 this well-known song suddenly sounds pretty new! The drums, and especially the snare, we have never seen with such a clearly audible reverb!
Our ears can explore the geometric proportions of the recording room and its depth – and with closed eyes we have the fantastic illusion of being part of this concert in the studio.
What transparency and resolution!
a noble streamer for very high sound demands
Extremely high signal-to-noise ratio
Price-performance is very good
I really did not expect such a bass from the file player! Not only so low, strong and dynamic, but still pretty and energetic.
Completely unlike classical «file-based» sound. This is a big step forward compared to the T1 version, which I have been using for several years – it is a real sensation
- Up to DSD512 22.6MHz, 1-bit
- Up to 384kHz, 16–32-bit, Stereo
ANALOG OUTPUT STAGE:
- Dual ESS SABRE32 ES9028Pro DAC chips
- Fully balanced layout with high-quality components
- Completely redesigned analogue buffer includes audiograde output capacitor and ultra-low-noise and high dynamic range
- Discreet clock system for precision timing
- Precision 32-bit internal digital volume
UPSAMPLING RATES & BIT DEPTHS:
- DSD256 upsampling option for all files
- PCM 384kHz upsampling option for all files
DIGITAL OUTPUT STAGE:
- Native DSD512 support
- PCM 44.1–384kHz, 16–32-bit, Stereo
- PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24-bit
- DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1-bit
- Internal 100–240V AC auto-ranging
- Shielded power supply compartment for reduced interference with delicate electronics
- Black anodised aluminium
- Raw anodised aluminium
- 350mm (W), 350mm (D), 60.5mm (H), 6kg